Nursery Assistant (part time)
St Mary's Nursery, Crowborough
We are looking to appoint a passionate and caring part-time Nursery Assistant to join the close-knit team working at our small, friendly day nursery in the heart of the Sussex Weald. We place great emphasis on a child-centred curriculum and developing opportunities for play inside and outside. We have a purpose-built classroom and a secure fenced garden with a covered pergola to facilitate outdoor play in all weathers. St Mary's Nursery was judged as good by Ofsted in February 2015.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Childcare Education
- Have an excellent understanding of how young children learn
- Be committed to high quality early years practice which motivates children's learning and creativity
- Consistently demonstrate a high regard for inclusion and equality
- Work effectively with good communication and interpersonal skills
The nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children. Pre-employment checks and references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake a DBS check.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. Hours of work will be negotiable.
For an application pack, please email Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org