By 'eck, it's cold out! This week's craft takes advantage of the freezing conditions to make a lovely decoration to hang outside your home, so wrap up warm, brave the cold, head outside with your little one and make an ICE WREATH.
For this you will need:
- A round, shallow cake tin (or a Bundt tin, if you have one)
- A glass jar
- Berries, twigs, leaves, acorns, pinecones, etc.
- A cold night!
- Some ribbon or twine
- Put the jar in the middle of your cake tin to make a wreath shape, with something to weigh it down. If you have a Bundt tin, you can skip this step.
- Place your berries/twigs/leaves/acorns/pinecones into the cake tin.
- Pour water into the cake tin.
- Put the cake pan outside on a cold night.
- By morning, your wreath will hopefully have frozen solid!
- Float the cake tin momentarily in a bowl of hot water to release the wreath.
- Tie a ribbon or some twine round your wreath, and hang it somewhere where you can admire it!