This week we have been learning about how to stay safe on the roads as part of Road Safety Week 2017. To tie in with this, our "try at home" suggestion this week has a road safety theme. So why not roll up your sleeves, put on your aprons and try making ROAD SAFETY BISCUITS.
For this you will need:
- 175g plain flour
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- Red and green icing
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Man-shaped cookie cutter
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas Mark 2.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the flour and knead into a ball. Add an extra sprinkle of flour if the dough is too sticky, or a splash of milk if it is too dry.
- Roll out the dough to a 5mm thickness on a lightly floured surface and cut using the cookie cutter. The dough should make about 10 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a floured or lined baking tray, and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the biscuits cool on a wire tray.
- When cool, decorate the biscuits with red and green icing.